Monday, January 19, 2015

Clermont, FL - 303

I could be a shill for the product Wash and Wax All. I saw the presentation at the Winnebago Rally in 2014 and, because I had been sprayed with ‘buy’ dust as I entered the rally, I actually bought Wash and Wax All and have convinced others to buy it too. I have used it for 2 years now, have washed and waxed twice a year and small touchups on the front every time we leave a campground and really like it. Prior to this purchase we had two options: 2 days with both Gary and I working on it or more than $100 when we hired someone to do it. Lots of time and money. Now, I can do it when I want to and it takes me about 3 hours (I could probably do it faster but I get bored and jump on anyone walking by to talk with them.)
OurCampsite-2-2015-01-19-10-20.jpg
I have now found another product that I really like for keeping the car and RV really looking good. It is called 303 Aerospace Protectant. I am the one who usually does the car and the RV. I figure that Gary, the mechanic, can do the maintenance (which usually takes longer, is usually tougher and is critical) while I can do the cleaning (which usually takes less time, is less demanding and is not critical). I figure I’ve got it made in the shade. And, - he goes along with this. Shhh - don’t tell him. On the other hand, he’s just like his father who had to be active all the time and working on projects. Do I tell him to his face that he is just like his father? Only when he tells me that I am just like my mother. Touché’.

But, back to the 303. When I wash and wax the car, I notice that the black plastic trim parts just keep getting grayer and grayer, oxidized by the sun, and nothing I can do with wax or with Armor-All works to make them shiny black again and protect them from the UV rays. It all started when I saw an article in an RV magazine about how to maintain the tires and keep them looking new. Well, that’s right up my line - keeping the RV clean and waxed. So, I tried the 303 we had. on the tires and - voila’ - what a difference. Now, we also keep our tires covered while we are camped but this stuff really made them look clean and shiny - - and protects them from UV rays. Gary, being the Tom Sawyer that he is, said, ‘I’ll bet that it would be good on all the vinyl on the outside of the car and the RV too’. And, me, being the sap that I am, said that I’d try. Whoo-ee. It really works. Aha, I have now discovered 303 which is easy to use and makes those black vinyl parts look as black as the day they came off the factory line.

Look at this black tire and the black vinyl trim - and, for once, it is actually black.
NancyDetailsOurHouse%252526Toad-5-2015-01-19-10-20.jpg
These are the kind of pictures that guys usually take. Hmmm. Maybe I’m more like my father. Well, no, I think it was my mother who cleaned the car and I know it was my mother-in-law who got the ball rolling to clean their car. (I think she rolled the ball in Gary’s direction and he actually was the one who washed the car.) In fact, in 2013 my father-in-law was so proud that he had NEVER cleaned the 2004 Vibe since he had bought it, that he bragged about it. So, maybe it’s a woman kind of thing in the Macek and Ferguson households. So, there, it’s in my genes. I can’t help it: I have to clean the car and the RV. I’ve been cursed.

Here’s one of the signs on the trail through camp. Snakes, alligators? What’s next? Wild pigs?
ExploringOurCampground-6-2015-01-19-10-20.jpg
But then, there’s this beautiful garden near the clubhouse and pool.
ExploringOurCampground-3-2015-01-19-10-20.jpg
And, there’s always the Spanish Moss hanging from all the trees. Which is not Spanish and is not moss. It is an air plant and here long before the Spanish arrived. However, the theory is that it hangs looking like the beard on a Spanish explorer - think Don Quixote.
ExploringOurCampground-2-2015-01-19-10-20.jpg
Meanwhile I was able to get my Mickey Mouse twirley, hangie thing up in the front of our RV - to catch the sun.
TwirlyMickeyMouse-3-2015-01-19-10-20.jpg
At the RV show, Gary bought me a new central vac for ? Well, whatever. We’ve been thinking about it for a while but I’ve always resisted. What I’ve got is good enough. Finally, I decided that I’d like a central vac. I miss only 3 things from the last RV that we had: the ceiling fan in the bedroom, the skylight above the shower and the central vac. I used to dust the RV and clean the floors with that baby. We bought one at the RV show, Gary mounted it under his desk and I can now go to town. Hmmm. What a guy? Huh?
unknown-2015-01-19-10-20.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment