Sunday, January 19, 2014

San Diego, CA - Mission Bay Sights and Sounds

Sometimes, it’s time to spend some time in the RV: finances and pay bills, install some Biobor into the diesel fuel, write the blog and - maybe even watch the AFC Championship where Peyton Manning and the Broncos face Tom Brady and the Patriots. Nah, maybe I’ll stroll out to the bay and just spend some time contemplating.

Our campground is a bit pricey, at least one of our more pricey campgrounds but it has: location, location, location. It’s right on Mission Bay with a nice sandy beach and only about 5 minutes from the ocean on Pacific Beach. The views are spectacular. In the morning I can walk out to the shore and see the early morning paddle boarders rowing across the bay and the eights racing each other, I can hear the clank of lines against masts in the campground marina and the cries of gulls, I can smell the salt in the bay and I can feel the sand between my toes.
ReturntotheOceanAgain-4-2014-01-19-13-06.jpg

ReturntotheOceanAgain-3-2014-01-19-13-06.jpg
In the evening I can see the sun disappear below the horizon in the west and the jets take off from Lindbergh Field across the bay. In the east, I can see jets lined up to land and the lights of the city on the canyon sides. I can see the lights of Sea World reflected in the bay waters and I can hear the lap of the waves on the shoreline.

Yep, maybe I’ll just spend some time sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment