Friday, August 23, 2013

Altoona, IA - Would You Loan a DVD to This Person?

My driver’s license says I live in West Des Moines, IA. but we sold that house in June.

I’m staying in an RV park in Altoona, IA, but we’re leaving on September 1st.

My official address is in Sioux Falls, SD. but we won’t get there until September 4.

If you were a librarian in Ankeny, IA, would you loan one of your most popular DVD’s to me?

If your answer is ‘yes’ then you’re as nice as the librarians that I met in the public library in Ankeny.

Gary and are not TV watchers, in fact, we watch the national and local news in the evening when we dinner eat and that’s the only time our TV is on. (So, you ask, why do we have 3 TV’s in our RV? I sometimes wonder that myself. But, that’s the way it came and that’s the way we’re leaving it - in case we ever want to trade it in. We actually took the bedroom TV out of our last RV and put it into the kitchen in our stick house so we could watch the news when we ate dinner. However, when we were in Arizona and traded that RV in for the RV we have now, the TV was still in our house in Des Moines.)

However, last year I happened to hear that Shirley Mclaine was going to be on Downton Abbey along with one of the stars, Maggie Smith, one of the greats, I knew I couldn’t miss this so tuned in that Sunday to watch it. It was spectacular drama and I vowed to watch the rest of the season. Did I ever get to any of the rest? What do you think? Nope. I forgot, or I was out hiking, or we changed time zones and I missed the starting time. But, I was only able to watch the last 5 minutes of one of the remaining episodes. Shucks. And, of course, I haven’t seen any of the shows in the first two seasons either.

This summer I had all 3 seasons on my reserve list for both the West Des Moines library where we live and the Des Moines library where I usually go. But, I was so far down the list that none of the three seasons ever came in.
UsingWiFiattheLibrary-1-2013-08-23-11-59.jpg
Today we are in the Ankeny library getting some long computer downloads and I happened to see Season 3 on the shelf, just waiting for me to check it out. But, how am I going to explain my address? But librarians are patient and service oriented. I explained my dilemma and they are trying to figure out how they can loan me the DVD. They weren’t thinking this lady is nuts, but rather: but what address can we use. We want to get her this DVD, how can we do this?

And, I now have Season 3. Someday I’ll get to Season 1 and 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment