Thursday, June 6, 2013

Altoona, IA - Show Me the Money

It rained last night and I realized why we closed our bathroom door when it rained at home to quiet the raindrops on our sky light. Now, of course, we’re in our motorhome, which I fondly call our small tin box, and raindrops on the roof sound like pins going down in a bowling alley. And, that was a light rain. Then it began to rain harder.OH, good. Rat -a tat on our roof. Finally, my last look at the clock said 2:45. I must have fallen asleep then.

And, now it’s 6:45 and I’m remembering how loud diesel trucks sound in the campground.

Obviously, not everything is ideal in the campground. I’m still getting used to sleeping here.

Then it was a sunny day and kids were circling in their bikes, birds were walking on the roof, mothers were pushing their strollers around the roads, and ducks were out on the pond. Ah, yes, here’s why I love to be in a campground in my RV.

Well, we had an offer on our home the other day. WAY                                                                                                  LOW, and not anything we were going to take. So we countered with our original fall-back position which was pretty far away from her offer, and let it go at that, not thinking she’d take it. Nope, she countered back, up about $1000 from her original position. Come on, lady, why diddle around? If you want it, offer a decent price. Otherwise, why waste our time?

Meanwhile, we’re still working on the house. Gary found the hide-away place under the steps and dragged out all of our Christmas decorations. My, I don’t remember decorating that much. But, then I thought back and we had lots of stuff up, red velvet strips hanging from some beams, some 15” tall stuffed Christmas trees that I had make in my Susie Homemaker stage, lots of other things that people had given us as gifts in the past. Gary used to decorate the outside trees and the eaves so we had lots of lights. Now - Now? We have an RV and precious little space for decorating, although we’ve got some lights and a few other things.

We also had a showing at 2 - 3 and a real estate agent who had showed the place to a client but had liked it herself so much that she came through again. I was packing things from around the house into plastic containers that we had bought to store things in. We wanted every container the same size so they’d pack well.

Busy, busy, busy. Keeps us out of trouble. Keeps us from spending money and every day that we don’t spend money is a good day. You know how thrifty I am. A cheapskate par excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment