Sunday, May 26, 2013

WDM, IA - BUT

I’m going to be a bit peevish today and, if you don’t want to listen to a complaint, don’t read this blog.

Here it is the 17th day of our home being on sale and we’ve had:

        1 Open House

        6 actual showings

        0 second showings

        0 offers

Now, I’ll admit that I’d be more comfortable is we had a signed offer. But, I”m not really worried. I know that homes often take time to sell and, since ours is a 2-story townhome with a lower level, making it actually 3 levels, it will take more time to sell. Every one is looking for a ranch. But, that’s what we were looking for when we first looked at it 7 years ago:

This is what the real estate told us:

        The bad news is that it has 2 flights of stairs.

        The good news is that it has 2 flights of stairs.

Yep, drop that fitness club membership where you go to use the stair stepper, you’ve got 2 stairsteppers right here in your own home. Of course, I realize that many people need to have a ranch and couldn’t walk up the steps in this home. But, I appreciate (note that I didn’t say ‘I love’ nor did I say ‘I enjoy’) having 2 flights of stairs so that I can get some stair stepping right here.

On the other hand, we have heard these lines 6 several times - almost one for each showing:

        This is a gorgeous home

        I love the view over the pond

        Great neighborhood

        Those mature trees are marvelous

BUT. . .

And, then comes the line:

WE WERE REALLY LOOKING FOR A RANCH.

Well, then, why are you looking at this home - is what I’d like to say, after the 6th one. After the first and second one, I smiled, but now hearing that line is getting a bit old, since I’ve had to clean up and get out. I would imagine that real estate agents might also think that they have wasted their time and want to show only ranches. But there really aren’t as many ranches as 2 story town homes.

Oh, well, that’s my rant for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment