Thursday, December 27, 2012

Mesa, AZ - Down for the Count

40 years of marriage and Gary and I have mastered the art of getting sick together. Not sick in the same way but both sick at the same time. Much more efficient that way. Of course, if we were really smart, we wouldn’t get sick.

I don’t usually get sick so, when I do, I do a great job of it. It began during last night when I woke up with both arms and both legs feeling very tired. No position I rotated to made them feel less tired. Kept me awake trying to make myself less tired. Make sense? Not to me.

When I awoke I was not much better. If we had not scheduled a breakfast with some friends I would have stayed in bed. These are some friends that we met in our travels last year. They got to Mesa a few days ago and we leave in tomorrow so, if we want to see them, today is the day. I firgured I’d get to crash when we got back. I got dressed just dragging. I’d dress then sit down on the sofa. I’d rise to brush my teeth and then sit back down. I’d rise to put my make-up on and then retire to the sofa again. Whew. Oh, now, I’ve got to put my shoes on, too?

At breakfast the conversation kept me going. Wendy and Barry are a lot of fun and we shared stories about RV’s and their foibles. They also have had awning problems this past year. We also talked about different places we’ve been and neat places to explore. Did I eat any of my breakfast? Not much: 1/2 of my English muffin and a few bites of potatoes. Firstly, I just didn’t feel like eating. Food held no interest for me. Secondly, someone should have told the cook that cold, dry potatoes do not add to the dining experience. Their menu made a point about their quality ingredients: kosher sea salt, Rothschild jam, real butter, farm-fresh eggs, local produce. They should have told the cook to make the food hot.

But, I made it through breakfast. When we got back to the RV, my battery died and I barely fell into bed. Slept all afternoon while Gary filled our water tank, emptied our other tanks and readied us for travel. Then he joined me in bed for a while until he made a violent run for the bathroom. At least I wasn’t that sick. But, whatever it was, had hit us both. We then slept all the way to the 7:00 alarm.

Let’s see: today I’ve eated 1/2 an English muffin and a few bites of potatoe and scrambled egg.

I have no pictures for this day. Fancy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment