Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mesa, AZ - Nice Caboose


SomeResortActivities-12-2012-11-29-19-25.jpgThis was a resort day where we get to catch up on paperwork and projects. However, ‘catch up’ implies that you are just a tad bit behind and only need a few hours to be where you should be. Ha. Not a chance. Since we got the new RV, we’re just running. We have been pretty busy making a few changes, getting all our paperwork in order (for the Iowa registration, I needed the GVRW and the number of cylinders - not always easy info to find) and buying a few things.

SomeResortActivities-5-2012-11-29-19-25.jpgHowever, I didn’t want to spend the whole day inside at my computer so took a walk around the resort to see what other people do.

They play pickle ball,

they make stained glass pictures,

they play shuffleboard.
SomeResortActivities-1-2012-11-29-19-25.jpg
These are just 3 of the activities here today at 10:00. You want scrapbooking, you want quiliting, you want tennis, you want line dance classes, you want to play in a pool league - they’ve got them all and many more. There is an amazing number of different classes and activities available to do at different times and on different days.

TheCuteCaboose--2012-11-29-19-25.jpgSo, there I am, on the audience risers taking my pictures and watching the shuffleboard teams slo-o-o-wly using their tangs to slide the biscuit down the deck. (Got that. New language I’ve learned today.) And they were talking about a ‘kitchen.’ I really know nothing about shuffleboard but could pretty well see the strategy as I was taking some pictures. All of a sudden a guy turned to me and said: ‘nice caboose.’ Hmmm - I looked around, figuring he was talking to someone else. Nope, he was talking to me. ‘Nice caboose’ he said louder and pointing in my direction, knowing I hadn’t understood what he said before. What could he mean? Ah - since I was holding my camera, I thought he had a different name for a Canon. Then it occurred to me, here was the shirt I was wearing - from a railroad museum we had visited several years ago.

Here I am in my ‘caboose’ shirt. Shucks - and I thought I had a ‘nice caboose.’

CaulkingRoofforourneighbor-2-2012-11-29-19-25.jpgGary had told our neighbor that he would do some tarring around some vents in our neighbor’s roof since our neighbor is not excited about ladders at the age of 80.

We also got our Christmas lights up. Every year that we have been out in our RV, and that is 4 of them, we’ve looked at other RV’s in our campgrounds all decorated for Christmas and said: ‘let’s bring our lights next time.’ And we’ve been doing this for 4 years. Finally, finally, I got my act together this summer and put the lights out so that we wouldn’t forget them. We brought 5 strings and thought we might have more than enough but RV’s are big, take lots of lights and we used them all.

StringingLightsforHolidays-1-2012-11-29-19-25.jpgNow, we’ve got them draped across the front of the RV in 4 swags from one rearview mirror to the other and, from across the street, they look very like a grinning Cheshire cat sitting on the tree branch waiting for Alice to chance by. Our neighbor suggested we get two wreaths and put them inside to make it look like eyes. A big help he is.

This might be the first time we’ve strung Christmas lights in shorts and t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment