Friday, November 30, 2012

Mesa, AZ - More Fun Than I Could Have Imagined!!!

What a sweet day. And, when I tell you what we did, you’ll be so terribly jealous, green with envy. Gary had his list and had drawn a small map so we knew the most efficient way to get around town to get our errands done. Here’s ‘our’ list:

        Cliff’s Hitch for a hitch part

        Big O Tire for a question about tires

        Chrysler/Jeep for an oil change

        LaMesa RV for some RV parts and a service question

        Camping World for some silicon spray

        Central AZ Plumbing Supply for a water filter

        Home Depot for a sheet metal screw

Now, isn’t that a list that any man would envy? And, the best part is: We get a do-over:

        We made an appointment at Big O for some service work

        We will stop at Chrysler/Jeep since they were too busy today

        We have an appointment at LaMesa

        We will have to go somewhere else for a water filter since Central didn’t have one

SWEET!!!

Actually, I’m just kidding for the sake of a story. Gary’s doing his best to get some things done on the RV before we leave this area since there are so many RV parts and service stores around here. Not too many in Des Moines. Many of the things he’s doing are by choice - we bought an ‘as is’ RV and we want to make it better for us and get in things that we like. I didn’t have to go on this errand run but thought I’d go with him since I didn’t want him to get all the fun. I want my share.

I was able to get a Costco stop in and we also made a stop for a single scoop of ice cream (for lunch - gotta have lunch, you know).

Finally, I got a haircut. Yep, finally, after 2 months. That’s probably the longest I’ve gone in a long while. In fact, I was getting so fed up with the shaggy look that I’ve already cut the front of my hair twice. I start at the right ear and cut over my eyebrows to my left ear in a straight line. A ‘straight’ line? I miswrote. Not necessarily straight but close enough that, when I brush it to the right side, no one knows how uneven it is. Think back, did my hair ever look ragged in front when you saw me? (If it did, it would be best if you would please keep silent.) I’ve been doing this for years. In fact, I also used to cut the back. I’d sit on the bathroom counter with my back to the mirror I’d hold my hand mirror in my left hand and cut with my right.

However, recently, I’ve only cut the front and have let the back continue to grow. Hey, I look like I’m trying for a mullet. Well, not really. But, today I got it cut and I can go out in public now.

Some days on the road are just like some days in Des Moines: errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment