Monday, November 26, 2012

Mesa, AZ - Go, Shawn, Go

Do I watch TV? Nah, I’m much more into RV than TV. But, I made an exception tonight when Shawn Johnson from West Des Moines was on. I’ll have to admit that this is the first time I’ve watched her this year since I really don’t keep track of what’s on TV at any time but heard an announcement during the news so thought I’d tune in.

HyVeeTriathalon38-2012-11-26-20-16.jpgThe dancing was great and then we got to vote. Now, I’ve never voted on something like this. I don’t know why they made it so hard - but no one else found it difficult, I’m sure. In the end, I got my 5 votes in. Guess who I voted for? Then - wonder of wonders - I got Gary to vote too. He’s even less interested in TV than I am. But, we both got our votes in. I’m sure that most of Iowa voted too.

Have I ever mentioned that I’ve met Tom Bergeron and actually been on the same TV show as he was? Yeah, right, you say. But, no, it’s all true and happened in a different life for each of us. Taking a trip in the Way Back machine: when I was a history teacher in New Hampshire, I was the coach for the Timberlane HS Granite State Challenge team. Tom Bergeron was the emcee who asked all the questions. Interestingly enough I remember that he wore jeans under his suit jacket and tie - knowing that he was hidden by his lectern. We made it through the first two rounds but were knocked off in the third. It was fun while it lasted and we all had a great time but I remember that it took lots of work and we had lots of practice sessions.

Oh,yeah, here I am with Shawn herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment