Sunday, September 2, 2012

WDM, IA - Adding the WOW

We’re getting ready to head south for the winter. We leave on the Friday the 21st. I’ve got the trip pretty well planned up until January 14th when we leave Palm Springs. Our next reservation after that is just a bit north of Galveston, TX so I’ve figured we’d just mosey on down the road stopping where we want and seeing what we want to see. In the meantime, I’ve been thinking of some other ideas but just didn’t have anything put together that I was ready to present to Gary. We’ve been going to the same area for several years now and I wanted to add something unique, something different to add a little WOW to our 2012 trip.

And, now I’ve got it. We’ve got our reservations for Hawaii right after out stay in Palm Springs. Neither Gary nor I have been to Hawaii but we’re out here on the west coast, much close than we’ve been during most of our life, so here’s our chance. We’re really looking forward to us and several of our friends have been telling us where to go and what to do. We’re only going to be there 10 days so probably won’t have a lot of time for a heavy itinerary but we’re gathering ideas. Hey, there are lots of hikes on Hawaii.

I just got an e-mail from my cousin Susan in California. She’s the one with the burros on her acreage. Back on May 3rd, I had a picture of two of her burros and mentioned that one of them was pregnant. Sure enough, that burro gave birth on June 1 to a sweet baby donkey they called Lazee Mazee. Then - she died on June 17th. Neither they nor the vet has any reason why. So sad for the family and especially the grandkids.
PastedGraphic-2012-09-2-22-14.jpg
See, I get at least one thing done on my ToDo List every day. And, you thought I was retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment