Sunday, August 12, 2012

WDM, IA - 'Honey-Do' Lists

Before we leave for our winter sojourn, we have some tasks that need to be done, well, at least, some tasks we had put on a list. It’s a ‘honey do’ lists with two names on it: Gary’s tasks and Nancy’s tasks. My part of the list is really lots of painting, varnishing and touch-ups around the house. Last year we put some window trim around the 4 new windows we had installed in the lower level, one on the main level and one in the master bedroom. Someone’s got to paint the trim and somehow my name got on this task on the list. I must have been asleep when Gary was making the list assignments or, and this is more likely, he was making the assignments on HIS computer and I was blithely working away on mine. Then the ‘honey-do’ list appeared in front of me and this ‘honey’ has lots of tasks. But, Gary assigned himself many also, I’ll have to admit. And, I’m thinking that his might be harder.

And, have I done any of the tasks on my list? Nope. But, to be fair, let me ask for anyone to answer: has Gary done any of the tasks on his list? And, the answer is NO. Actually, we have been pretty busy what with lots of medical appointments and procedures for Gary, me, Jack and Lug. We’ve been spending lots of time with family over the time we’ve got here this summer and home tasks have been pushed aside.

However, here we are, on the 12th of August and we have nothing done and the time of our departure is looming over us. Time to get crackin’. So, today I got out the paint brushes, the drop cloths, the paint and began with the master bedroom window. I thought I’d start there since it is the most out of the way window and, if I’m going to test paint, I wanted to test it where no one else would notice.
WETPAIN0-2012-08-12-21-08.jpg
Window trim is pretty futzy, lots of edges where you don’t want any overlap. Outside edges and inside edges. Oh, boy. But, I put my on my Apple Shuffle, started humming ’a song from 1962’ as Bob Segar says and began working on my Day Moves. I spent 4 hours on this one window - at this rate, I”ll be painting until December.
NancyNibblesonCake--2012-08-12-21-08.jpg
But the kicker is: my bro is coming on Tuesday for a 3 day visit and Gary is up in Fort Dodge with his father working on the new computer for 2 days. Any painting going to get done this week? Nope. And, that’s ok. We’ve got our priorities. We’d love to get the painting done but family comes first. Or is it, painting comes last? Hmmm. No, just kidding, we’ve made choices all summer and they’ve all been family.

I just found a picture that I forgot to include when I was writing about Lug’s 90th birthday. Did I mention that Gary’s sister, Cathy, had ordered 4 large sheet cakes and there was a bit left over. I’m excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment