Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Acton, CA - Cleaning the Dust

OK, here we are with full hook-ups again. And it’s time to clean. We:

        did 3 loads of laundry and have more to do

        washed the windows on the RV

        dusted and vacuumed the entire RV, especially the nooks and crannies where sand is lurking

        cleaned the inside of the car, along with mats and detailing getting ready for a car wash tomorrow

        cleaned the refrigerator and hot water heater vents with the air compressor,

then I also made a loaf of bread (my notes on the recipe say that it make a huge loaf of bread and I wasn’t kidding when I wrote this. )

We also walked through the campground. It is really huge and we can get our usual 4 miles without any repeats.

This campground is in the hills north of Los Angeles and is a favorite place for Angelinos to come during the hot summer months.

Tomorrow we have some errands to run. Having been in the desert for a week, we are a bit behind.

We got a new neighbor this evening. They pulled in around 5:30 and set up then. Pretty late and it was turning dark as they were doing it. Here’s what their RV looks like this morning.
WhyDontTheyLevelIt-1-2012-03-12-22-17.jpg
Now, I’ve been accused of being unbalanced but, doesn’t this lean a bit to you? I’m thinking that their plates must slide off the table. How do they walk inside?

Meanwhile I have an investment story. I don’t have a lot of ‘hot tip’ stories to tell since, when and if I invest, I buy mutual funds and hold them for the long term. However, on one of the last nights we were in San Diego, my aunt was talking about her holdings of Apple. Seems she bought it a long time ago and it is now one of her largest holdings. She told us that a friend of hers told her to buy it again when it dipped to 487. Well, it was at 505 that night when we got home and I decided to take a flyer and invest the huge sum of 5050 in it and buy 10 shares. Whoo-eee, big investor. Life on the edge with Nancy and Gary.

I didn’t watch it for a while but then was looking at my Wells Fargo account and saw that Apple was up to 525. Well, that’s a good sign. Next it was up to 545 and I liked that even better. Then 565. That’s when I decided to not be greedy and sell my paltry holdings. You know, take the money and run. Well, I decided not to and on Wednesday, during our hike, it climbed to 587. Whew. I’ve almost gained enough to actually buy one of the new IPads. Ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment