Friday, August 12, 2011

Madison, WI - More Rally

No donut today since I decided it was not worth the calories I would be ingesting. The band played some jazz tunes for our donut hour and one was ‘Watermelon Man’ a jazzy bluesy tune which had me dancing all the way out the hall into the seminar classrooms. Gary trailed about 5’ behind me - I wonder why.

By the way, today we both walked out of the RV with the same t-shirt on. We actually have a lot of the same t-shirts but try to wear them on different days. We do a lot of charity walks and they usually give out t-shirts to the walkers and we get duplicates this way. Secondly, since we visit the same places, we often get the same t-shirt to commemorate this although I try to buy different designs. Usually we catch the fact that we match over breakfast and one of us changes. Today, since I was wearing a hiking shirt over my t-shirt, we didn’t notice it until we were leaving the donut hour and heading off to the seminar. By this time I had taken off my hiking shirt since it had gotten warmer and - oh, shucks. Don’t we look cute?

Are these wonderful temperatures or what? It’s warm enough during the day to wear shorts but cool enough at night to get a good night’s sleep.

Today I’ve got a seminar on RV destinations, a seminar on Full-Timing (the usual definition is that a full-timer does not have a ‘stick’ house but lives in the RV full fime), RV’ing in Mexico which seems inceasingly dangerous, a seminar with Gary on computer safety and then some time to check out the exhibits and venders. There are lots of seminars on crafts which I didn’t attend. There are also lots of seminars on things like the Allison transmission and the Caterpillar engine but I will willingly leave these technical seminars to Gary.

Here I am in a seminar, intently waiting with my notepad ready.

FMCARallyScenes-6-2011-08-12-20-56.jpg


We’re both learning a lot, enjoying it all and meeting others, just what we’re supposed to be doing.

And, on that topic, at the trade show, I had something in my hands and reached to give the woman my credit card and - oops, I had walked out without any money, identification and / or credit cards this morning. I’ll be back, I said.

We’ve had some rain in the evenings but, the sky clears, the sun peeks through the clouds and gives us an amazing show. Gary says I’ve never found a sunset that I didn’t want to capture.

FMCARallyScenes-3-2011-08-12-20-56.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment